Friday, August 7, 2009

Bromley Mountain

A couple of days ago I went to Bromley Mountain which is in Vermont. It is a giant amusement park with tons of fun stuff, but in the winter it’s a ski mountain. We went in the summer, which you probably know because it is the summer and I’m writing this in the summer, so it was still the amusement park.

My favorite thing is the alpine slide, it’s the most famous ride. You start by going up a half hour long chair lift ride. Then you get off the chair lift, get your sled and start sledding down the track. You’re in a little sled with a handle, the farther back you pull the handle, the slower you go. You’re on a track going down the mountain and there are lots of turns and some bumps along the way – it’s really fun, you wouldn’t believe how fun it is, it’s so fun.




My second favorite thing is the rock climbing. I only got into it this year and on my first try I got up face #2. I can’t wait to get up face #3 and #4. And face #4 has the funniest name ever, Mount Neverest (instead of Everest) and it looks really hard, but I want to try it after I do face #3 which has a really weird name – it’s called YK2.

There’s also something really scary that you have to be over 5’ tall to do – the space bikes. You’re strapped into these bicycles and the bicycles are attached to a big metal bar and when you pedal them they go around and around in a circle so that at some points you’re upside down. Below is a picture of our friends from London who came to visit us trying the space bikes. My friend Maddie loved them…










My friend upside down on the space bike!

This summer I’ve been to Bromley two times and we’re planning to go there a third time with two of my brother Josh’s best friends.

My third favorite thing is the water slide. Basically you’re in a little raft going down a slide. Parts of it are covered but not all. There are lots of turns and it’s impossible not to get wet because there’s a shower at the end. There's a little thing at the side of the last tunnel that comes out of the slide; it shoots water kind of like a shower only you can’t control the temperature and the shower is partly cold, partly warm, but you don’t really feel it because you’re going so fast. It’s nice to do the water slide on a nice hot day otherwise it’ll be very cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment