Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Turkey On The Side of the Road

Last week I saw a turkey on the side of Winhall Hallow Road. I was in Vermont in the car when my mom saw it.

My Mom said, "Look there is a turkey."

I said, "Where?"

She said, "There."

I said, "Where?"

She said, "There, on the side of the road."

So I pushed myself up with my feet out of my seat and I saw the turkey bobbing its head up and down. Its head looked like a turkey head - it was brown and had feathers. He was about up to my knee. But we don't know if it was a he or a she.

My Mom said, "Hey, lets get a closer look."

When I opened up my door the turkey ran up through the bushes and it took off and flew. It flew like it never flew before. It flew up over the trees. It flew up over the houses. It flew up over the hills, over the clouds. It flew higher then a turkey ever flew before.

Where did it fly? We don't know.

But I hope that turkey will live a well and good life.

And I hope it won't get caught at Thanksgiving but if it does, I hope I will be the one who eats it. Although I doubt it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment