Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Banksy Exhibit




For those of you who don't who Banksy is, he is a graffiti artist. And last Saturday I went to go see his exhibition in Bristol, it is at the Bristol City Museum and it is called Banksy V Bristol Museum.

We got there on the train and I went with my friend Dom, my brother, my mom, my dad, my brothers friend, and our friends Peter and Juliane. First we took a taxi to Mathews house, then Dom's house, then to Paddington Station to meet Juliane and Peter. Paddington Station is the same station where Paddington Bear was found and he was named for the station.

At the train station I went to The Candy Factory and picked out some very yummy pieces of candy - some white chocolate fudge, a couple of gummy coke bottles, a marshmallow twisted thing, a candy blackberry and a sticky thing covered in chocolate sprinkles that tasted like coffee which I did not like.

The train took about an hour and a half. However me and Dom were prepared. I had brought some Simpsons Uno Cards and Dom brought a kids crossword puzzle book, a dot to dot book, a Horrid Henry Jolly Joke Book and that was it.

Then when we finally got there was a gigantic line and my dad got us some pizza to eat in a field. Finally it was time to enter. It was a very funny show because Banksy just snuck around doing all sorts of crazy things like the hen house with the hen and the baby chicken nuggets coming out of the eggs. There was an ice cream truck inside with a giant ice cream on top covered in graffiti. We also saw a miniature Stonehenge made out of Port A Loos with a picture on Stonehenge on the morning of the solstice. We were also there on the solstice - June 21st.

We saw the funniest thing ever - we saw a picture of baby Jesus and Mary - and Mary was listening to an Ipod and the picture was called Silent Night.


We also saw a picture of some UFO's sending down some green laser beams. It probably meant that the aliens were going to abduct some people.

There was also a picture of a woman looking through a window with a computer note saying that an error has appeared on the computer and to please X out and try again. This was funny because you don't normally see a computer error in a picture. [ed note - picture titled "Woman at Window"]

One of the funniest things was the living hot dogs. They were moving hot dogs. One was plane, one s was still in a wrapper, one had mustard on it and in a bun - and they were all moving. And now I don't think I will ever look at a hot dog the same way again.

And now last but not least - the attack of the LIVING CCTV Cameras. There was a mother CCTV camera up in a tree and two baby CCTV Camera in the nest and another baby on the floor. It was probably saying, "You don't get the CCTV cameras the CCTV camera get you."

Graffiti can be bad for the earth but if it is done by Banksy it is very funny.

I would recommend anybody who reads my blog to go and see it.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Simon I liked the living hot dogs too. You forgot to write about the fish fingers in the fish bowl and the leopard coat on the tree. And I loved he whole museum.
    your friend,
    Dom.

    ReplyDelete