Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Swinging

One two three four
Five six seven eight nine ten
Eleven twelve thirteen fourteen fifteen sixteen
Seventeen eighteen nineteen twenty
Twenty one twenty two twenty three

I have done 24 swings so far.

I am sitting on a swing right across from my Great Aunt and Uncles House
That is right.
Number 1050 Vine Street.

One zero five zero

Twenty five twenty six swings

I hear some dogs barking and cars roaring.
I hear the crickets buzzing and the wind blowing.
I can hear the train whistle.
I can hear the acorns rattling on my head.
“Ouch. You naughty squirrel don’t throw acorns on my head.”

I hear the crunching of the leaves as I walk on them in my Mickey Mouse blue and green crocs.

I see my RV.
I see my great Aunt and Uncles Suburban.
I see stop signs, trees and bushes.
There are lots of vines growing on that tree and it makes me think about the jungle.

I feel the autumn mist in the land of Hanalee.

I am not swinging anymore.

I am winding the swing up so I can swirl around and around.
I like to go around and around but it makes me feel very dizzy – it feels as if the earth has been tipped upside down.

I can smell the summer air.

I am enjoying Springfield because I am here with my family and my Mama Jo.

I will see you on my next blog – all about a Minor League baseball game. I will tell you the two team’s names then.

No comments:

Post a Comment